Tonight the Highwood City Council met to vote on whether or not to approve the special use permit and parking variance we need in order to move forward on our building plans. The Council decided to approve both measures, but with conditions.

The good news is that tonight’s decision means that this door is not yet closed to us. At the same time, our executive team and vestry will be needing to make decisions about whether or not we can fulfill the conditions the Council set forth, each of which have potential financial implications for our congregation. We will be working to reach resolution on these issues in the coming weeks.

So, please continue to pray earnestly for our facilities team and vestry, and for those with whom we will be negotiating in the coming days. And if you have a chance, go to 107 Highwood Ave. and spend some time praying on site for the Lord’s will to be done in and through that space.

Donate to Homeward