COR@9: RENEWING OUR MINDS ON RACE
In response to current health guidelines, we are postponing the second half of “Renewing Our Minds on Race” until we can gather in person again.
In the meantime, we continue to provide ways to press in to the learning journey that we’ve begun through a series of conversations on books and other resources.
The first book we are reading together is The Color of Compromise, by Jemar Tisby. We will be holding a few discussion groups on the book via Zoom. To receive information on the Zoom calls, sign up to receive our email updates.
Discussion #1: Chapters 1-5, April 28 @7:30 p.m. C.T.
Discussion #2: Chapters 6-8, June 2nd @7:30 p.m. C.T.
RESOURCES FOR “RENEWING OUR MINDS ON RACE”
If you missed our May 26th conversation on race and current events, you can access the Zoom recording here.
Resources Related to Race & COVID-19:
- “What Attacks on Asians Reveal About American Identity,” BBC
- “Asian Americans Feel the Bite of Prejudice During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- “Statement on Anti-Asian Racism in the Time of COVID-19,” Asian American Christian Collaborative
- “Why African-Americans May Be Especially Vulnerable to COVID-19“
- “The Black Plague,” The New Yorker
- “Readings for Pastors on Race in America,” Anglican Compass
- “Discerning Friends from Enemies: Critical Race Theory, Anglicans in North America, and the Real Crisis,” Fr. Esau McCauley
- “Be the Bridge” organization and web resources
- “A Prayer of Lament for Those Who Cannot Breathe,” Rev. Prince Rivers
Recordings from COR@9 series:
*Please note that all resources are copyright and and intended for use at Church of the Redeemer only. They may not be reproduced for public use without the explicit permission of the author or authors.*