CHILDREN’S MINISTRY HEALTH AND IMMUNIZATION POLICY
For the health and safety of all our children, we have adopted a health and immunization policy at Church of the Redeemer.
We have developed this health-related policy for our children’s ministry using a best-practices approach from medical authorities. We ask parents not to leave their child in a class if they have had the following symptoms within the last 24 hours:
- A known or suspected infectious illness
- A fever of 100.0 within the past 24 hours
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or is feeling unwell
- Cough, sore throat, croup (except in the case of allergy)
- Colored runny noses
- Common cold
- Contagious skin rash
- Pink eye
- Infected wounds
- Any symptom of communicable childhood disease such as mumps, measles, chicken pox, etc.
- Use of antibiotics for 24 hours or less
- Has an immediate family member who has had a fever in the past 24 hours (important for nursery especially)
Please note: All nursery workers need to be up-to-date on all recommended vaccinations to protect the health of infants 12 months and under due to vulnerable immune systems. Also, an annual flu shot is recommended.